|| Ze Cast || Funniest / Best Blogs on the web || My Writings ||

Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome


Please don't feel as though you have to follow me in return of my following your blog, I'd rather you only do so out of genuine interest. C:

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

God. Love.

"God is our refuge and strength,
      always ready to help in times of trouble.
So we will not fear when earthquakes come
      and the mountains crumble into the sea.
Let the oceans roar and foam.
      Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!"

God I need to learn to lean on you. But for now I don't find myself able to accept anything of you. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's too late.

It's never too late >.<

 

other versions...

 

"God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him.
   We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom,
      courageous in seastorm and earthquake,
   Before the rush and roar of oceans,
      the tremors that shift mountains.

   Jacob-wrestling God fights for us,
God-of-Angel-Armies protects us."

 

"God is our mighty fortress,

   always ready to help

   in times of trouble.

And so, we won't be afraid!

   Let the earth tremble

   and the mountains tumble

   into the deepest sea.

Let the ocean roar and foam,

   and its raging waves

   shake the mountains. "

 

Or in German if you fancy that -

"(Ein Lied der Kinder Korah, von der Jugend, vorzusingen.) Gott ist unsre Zuversicht und Stärke. Eine Hilfe in den großen Nöten, die uns getroffen haben.

2Darum fürchten wir uns nicht, wenngleich die Welt unterginge und die Berge mitten ins Meer sänken,

3wenngleich das Meer wütete und wallte und von seinem Ungestüm die Berge einfielen. "

 

hah sorry. but i find comparisons between different translations interesting and insightful...

 

And.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

- 1 Corinthians 13

I absolutely love this passage. It describes what I believe is the most pure, true form of love. I aim to love with this for my guidelines. Whatever your beliefs in the existence / relevance of God + Christianity, I think you can still learn from this and apply it. Even if you are against it, don't discredit or write off anything immediately because it has to do with a God you don't believe in or whatever. One can sometimes learn much from things even that in essence, they disagree with. This may or may not be addressed just in part to Daniel Brown lol.

A bit later on in the chapter - "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

I have mentioned how important I feel love is. Its power is incredible. Unbeatable. This simply complements my thoughts.

 

And and and.

I would like to say. Every person is important. Every person's thoughts and opinions matter. Every person has the ability to change the world. It is easy to feel insignificant, just one among the millions. But every person has great power within themselves. Every person has the power to influence another, whether they choose to use it, and if they choose to use it for good or bad are another matter. But I want to leave this with you, [oh how I love quotes] "Believe your voice can mean something".

k thnx bai >;D

1 comment: