|| Ze Cast || Funniest / Best Blogs on the web || My Writings ||

Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome


Please don't feel as though you have to follow me in return of my following your blog, I'd rather you only do so out of genuine interest. C:

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dare You to Move // Question

"Between who you are and who you could be,
Between how it is and how it should be;
I dare you to move,
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor,
I dare you to move
Like today never happened.
Maybe redemption has stories to tell,
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell,
Where can you run to escape from yourself,
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here...."

i love this song, because I think the lyrics are very important.

The lyrics to the entire song are worth thinking about, but I have picked out the end of a verse, the chorus, and the closing lines of the song to display here. It's my "motivation" song, to keep going, to remind me that I can't escape problems by trying to run away, to hide; when I am trying to run from who I am. It can't be done, and I don't have to go anywhere else to fix that which is broken, the answer, "salvation" is already right in front of me. I have to stand and face what's wrong rather than hiding from it...
God knows I need this reminder more often than not.

This song, essentially, is about courage, having the courage to live life, the way it should be, regardless of the pain we may face, because pain is an inescapable part of life, but we shouldn't let it stop us or drag us down.
And that in the pain, getting through it and moving on, we can learn from it.

Part of the challenge of this song is to get up and make the changes that need to be made. There's a song by John Mayer with the lines "We keep on waiting, waiting on the world to change." This song has always slightly annoyed me in that, waiting does nothing. And change does not come about through doing nothing. There's no good in "waiting on the world to change", we must actively do our part to change it. Every person has the power to change the world. To take that first step; who knows how that will inspire others to also do the same? We may never even see the extent of the impact we have, but we definitely can't wait around for other people to start something. We have to "be the change we want to see in the world" or however the saying goes.
I could go on with quotes from random things, eg.
- "A single grain of rice can tip the scale. One man can make the difference between victory and defeat." - The Emperor, Mulan
and
- "A single raindrop raises the sea." - Dinotopia
;D

These lyrics also speak about hope, and if you've read many of my posts, you should know that hope is something vital to me, vital to everyone, I believe.
It is what keeps us going.

Because there always is a reason to keep going. And this song is my challenge to have faith in that reason, even when I can't quite see it or feel it; to know that there is a reason and keep living life. To quote To Write Love On Her Arms or specifically, Renee Yohe, yet again "The stars are always there, but we miss them in the dirt and the clouds. We miss them in the storms."
The stars are still there behind the darkness, and so is the reason to live, so is hope. Sometimes it takes a little blind faith.

Life wasn't mean to be easy, it is something that takes courage, but we aren't alone in this. I've said this before we are a sociable creature; we were made to live with each other, to interact and depend on one another.


----


QUESTION: What are the twelve days of Christmas? I mean, why??? It's Christmas Day... So what is the meaning of the whole twelve days of Christmas song, and what is the significance of 12, specifically? I'll do some research [or e-search ;P] on the internet, but what are your thoughts / knowledge on the matter? (:

----

I'd just like to direct you to the blog of Comic Book Superzero for a post I found extremely funny ;P

xx

1 comment:

  1. Lol. Such coincidence.

    Stacey broke out into song while we were washing dishes. She was singing the twelve days of Christmas =P
    I joined but we got stuck at like 9 and had to find the book of it our bookshelves.

    I saw some cartoon once about the Twelve Days of Christmas. It probably isn't how it originated but yeah..

    In the cartoon there is some heaps rich girl(Princess??) and her dad (King?). There is also some dude who is trying to win the heart of the girl (hence, my TRUE LOVE SENT TO ME) the dude's servant or something stole the answer list to the crossword the dad/king was doing.

    It said:
    1) partridge in a pear tree
    2) turtledoves
    3) french hens
    etc..

    So the dude thinks it is what the girl/princess wants, so each days sends her gifts starting from the top of the list.
    And each time she is like "Why is there two turtledoves on my front porch thingy?"
    And the dad/king hears her and is like "Ooh! Turtledoves fits my crossword"

    So on, so forth.

    I don't know how it relates to christmas and I think the girl/princess endsup with that dude's servant guy but I can't remember

    Lol. There you go =P

    ReplyDelete