|| Ze Cast || Funniest / Best Blogs on the web || My Writings ||

Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome


Please don't feel as though you have to follow me in return of my following your blog, I'd rather you only do so out of genuine interest. C:

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Found and stole this from

um, Splotchy coz I think it's great! Kudos to Splotchy! ;P

Instructions

"Here's what I would like to do. I want to create a story that branches out in a variety of different, unexpected ways. I don't know how realistic it is, but that's what I'm aiming for. Hopefully, at least one thread of the story can make a decent number of hops before it dies out.

If you are one of the carriers of this story virus (i.e. you have been tagged and choose to contribute to it), you will have one responsibility, in addition to contributing your own piece of the story: you will have to tag at least one person that continues your story thread. So, say you tag five people. If four people decide to not participate, it's okay, as long as the fifth one does. And if all five participate, well that's five interesting threads the story spins off into.

Not a requirement, but something your readers would appreciate: to help people trace your own particular thread of the narrative, it will be helpful if you include links to the chapters preceding yours.


There always has to be a start of a story, so here it is.


***

The bus was more crowded than usual. It was bitterly cold outside, and I hadn't prepared for it. I noticed that a fair number of the riders were dressed curiously. As I glanced around, I stretched my feet and kicked up against a large, heavy cardboard box laying under the seat in front of me."

***

Upon glancing around to apologise to its owner, I realised with a start that it belonged to no one. My imagination needed no prompting from the poster on the bus itself to tell me that unaccompanied parcels could be dangerous. I had just watching "The Interpreter" the other day, and my thoughts flashed back to the scene in which a passenger leaves a lunch bag containing a bomb on the bus, exploding shortly after he gets off it.
Of course, it could easily just be an innocent mistake by a commuter, a forgotten purchase of some sort...
As my logical side fought with the creative, quite possibly unstable part of my brain, I thought of various objects the box might contain, already knowing that logic was in for a beating once more.

*******

Please continue this story virus.

I tag: xCarCrashHearts aka Shazz

Kate

Aimee Jade

Ben

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm happy that you continued this virus! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in... But where do I post the rest or the next part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 'll just write it as a comment here.. Not on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're supposed to post it on your blog so it gets more exposure that way! >=(
    but if you must lol
    thank youu (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had second thoughts about this whole story writing thing.. I love writing but not stories. I am sorry. I chicken out..:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. rissy, i cant be bothered. lol
    sorry
    xx

    ReplyDelete