|| Ze Cast || Funniest / Best Blogs on the web || My Writings ||

Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome


Please don't feel as though you have to follow me in return of my following your blog, I'd rather you only do so out of genuine interest. C:

Thursday, June 11, 2009

'Global' is not a nice idea. Global is reality.

I want to live by this quote every day. I must say, I forget, a lot. But it is something I try to remind myself of, for it is of utmost importance.

“…Every story matters, every life matters. We say that pain is real and that it deserves our attention. We say that people need other people. We would be following an awful trend if we bought into the idea that these things somehow only apply to people who live where we live, or speak the language we speak. There is distance in the borders and the barriers. Distance more with all the seas. The danger in the distance is that a great lie gets whispered. i don’t hear it, but i feel it when i see the pictures on the news. The lie i’m talking about says something like this: “It’s okay. This is happening far away. Those people are different. This doesn’t affect you. It doesn’t matter that much.”
It’s easy to believe that our own problems are the only problems in the world. It feels true at times. Maybe a lot of the time. But the better thing might be to believe that we are one…
‘Global’ is not a nice idea. Global is reality. Let’s be the generation that realises this.”

- Jamie Tworkowski, of To Write Love On Her Arms

Now, for some other housekeeping

- I have begun using my Tumblr, for those few of you who read my blog hosted elsewhere and utterly anonymous, you'll have access to that.

- If you do want access to this other blog, just email me. Toivoa.ja.elaman@gmail.com

- If your name is Sacha or Becca, please go follow this. It's for/to you/me/us. I'm thinking of making it private anyway so I'll probably add you via email and then limit access shortly. Plus if we're going to continue communicating via blogs at all, I'll just give you author access so you can post on there.

Das ist alle, danke.

2 comments:

  1. Me likes that quote. A lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahh thought you might. jamie has this amazing way with words. he originally wrote this about the fires in some place in americ or some flood, i forget. but this is the part that is the essence of what he was talking about, and what is applicable always. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete