|| Ze Cast || Funniest / Best Blogs on the web || My Writings ||

Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome


Please don't feel as though you have to follow me in return of my following your blog, I'd rather you only do so out of genuine interest. C:

Saturday, May 9, 2009

An Award and Some Medical Matters

Firstly, I'd like to thank Elizabeth of Perpetual Smile, who passed onto me the first  of her new "Bloggy Love" awards. You can read about it as well as what she had to say about And Cinderella Lost Her Shoe here. For those of you who saw my reaction, you know that I couldn't my grin of happiness over this - it was wonderful. So thanks again Elizabeth, you're great, and not just because of this award. Feel free to give Bloggy Love to anyone, just link back to that post and use the picture, which I have on my sidebar and is also in Elizabeth's post. And regardless, go check out her blog! (:

I've just returned from the Doctor's. Some of you may know I have been taking tablets for low iron and Vitamin D for six months, and this is the first time I'd been back for a check up. While my Vitamin D levels have come up slightly, they are still far below the acceptable range, and when it comes to Iron, whereas at the time of my blood test six months ago I was only just in the acceptable range, I have now dropped far below it... My levels have dropped since taking the tablets...

If I'm honest, I haven't always taken my Vitamin D tablets twice a day, but I do usually, so I don't understand how this could have happened. My dosages have been doubled, so I now need to take six tablets a day - 4 for Vitamin D and 2 for Iron. Needless to say, I'm not keen on that.

I'm a little... peeved about this. But it's a good thing I had a cold the other day and so couldn't donate blood - one must have sufficient Iron levels and I would have donated, lacking this, without knowing. Although they do extra checks there, but as far as I know, only for blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Don't quote me on that.

Catcha on the flipside ;)

xx

P.S. Next weekend, I do not care how much homework I have and what my parents say, I am going the fuck out. So sick of being at home.

P.P.S. Actually I already have plans - it's Jimit's 18th. Yay :)

2 comments:

  1. If you are very deficient it can take a long time to get your levels up or you have to take very large doses. Also overweight folk have a hard time bringing up their levels because vitamin D get bound to fat so the rest of the body goes without. Take a look at www.vitamind3world.com It has some good information that may help you. The site also produces a good newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. To be transparent upfront, I sometimes do contract work with The Ddrops Company (http://www.ddrops.ca). They sell a liquid Vitamin D called Ddrops, where each drop contains 1,000 IU. I don't know what dose you require, but I thought you might find this an interesting option. You can find it online at http://www.well.ca . Best of luck and have fun at Jimit's birthday bash!

    Best regards,
    Nat Bourre
    Marketing 4 Health Inc.

    ReplyDelete